View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Fear of a bigger game

if you regularly 8 table 1/2, mix it up. do 6 1/2 and 2 2/4, then 4 and 4, then just go all out 2/4. That can work.

I took a different approach. After several months and 60k+ hands of winning at 1/2, 8-tabling, I took about 4 days off, then when I came back I opened up 8 tables of 2/4 and just went from there. I suppose running well for the initial period after moving up helped.

Running poorly when you initially move up can be devestating to your psyche. Just assure yourself that you're sitting at profitable tables and suck it up.

The psychological issues are a legitimate concern. One problem, say you have 6 tables of 1/2 and 2 of 2/4, you'll find yourself paying more attention at 2/4, and sometimes even trying extra hard to win pots there and you'll resign yourself to FPS and actually be playing worse by focusing more... it's that autopilot instant reaction style of play that's been working at 1/2. Try not to deviate from that, at least not until you become accustomed to the $ units at the higher level. You'll get used to the money. I was nervous stepping into my first 1/2 game and now I play 5/10 like it's nothing.