View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Making the next leap

I have a long-term winning record at all major sites. Starting at each site with $1000, I have built independent bankrolls and been successful at all limits up to 15-30, on many major sites - UltimateBet, FullTilt, Party, Empire, Pacific, and Paradise. I have, over the last 3 months, been gradually moving up to play 30-60 and 50-100 at UB, Party, Pacific, and Full Tilt, and subsequently dropped about 15k. (yes, I dropped 200 BBs on Pacific Poker.)

I do feel that I'm running bad, but I'm also tilting and just trying to get to showdown with any Ace-high and pocket pair hands. In other words, I've stopped thinking, and just been playing on auto-pilot.

I'm also trying to break through and really learn to conquer the higher online limits. 15-30 income is nice, but there must be more money to be made. I play for a living while in law school, but only play 2-3 tables.

Any advice? Is this just burnout?

What do the successful 30-60 and up players have that I don't? I would put my intelligence up against anyone's, but my poker skills are certainly not top tier. How can I get them there?

EDIT: I played almost exclusively LHE full ring games, and most sites' 30-60 and higher are shorthanded. Hence, getting to showdown with A-high and PP hands are from 2-5 handed tables. I read the shorthanded section of HPFAP often enough, but I just don't win shorthanded at high limits.