View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: bobby hoff did it

Are you talking about ONLY about minraises PF?

If so then yes I don't understand those except for the suited connector minraise in a 5+ handed pot. (not that I'm saying that is a move I like, but it's not god awful).

Min raising post flop a lot of people on here tend to think min raise = monster.

I don't think this is as hard and stead a rule as a lot of people advocate. I remember reading an article by daniel negreanu where he said he uses the min raise to appear as if he's trying to find out if his hand is good.

The hand in question was:

DN holds J 10 vs aggressive opponent (I think david oppenheim), flop comes down A K Q. DN checks, oppenhein bets, DN min raises. He said he min raised to represent Ace weak kicker to make it appear as if he was trying to figure out of his hand was good. An aggressive opponent would pick up on this and come back over the top of him (which is what he wants in this case with the nuts).

I have seen this particular example of the min raise used a lot. For example a hand I had where I had raised UTG PF with QQ, flop came down T 9 3. I lead out and get min raised by MP. I end up folding QQ to 88. He just wanted to see if I had overcards only and his 88 was good.

Certainly there are examples when a minraise = the nuts, but that's usually when the minraise in itself is a large amount.

Actually now that I think about it I've come to a better conclusion on what I think the minraise means. If it's a relatively small minraise, it probably denotes the person just trying to find out if their hand is good, where as if the minraise represents a large portion of the stacks it's probably the nuts.

aight peace