View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: standard $109 AK hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I like the t400 raise because you aren't getting pushed over the top too often, and a lot of the time, you should be showing AA-QQ here. Gotta keep your range tight here though, which sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
It isn't just someone pushing over the top though, its any action. Do I want the button just calling and us taking a flop?

[ QUOTE ]
2. This player, or a couple of other players at the tables are multi-tablers that you play with alot. A utg raise means strength and if you lay down it shows you do not want to play for all your chips even with some of your best hands. With a number of regulars I like to appear as I will not get pushed around, and with a hand this close I think this is a good time to show you are willing to play with them for all their stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is too big of a concern. The regulars know that you aren't a donk, so they are going to obviously respect your raise. As such, they are probably only going to reraise with a strong hand, and expect you to realize this. I would also raise 88 here, and folding to the push is certainly reasonable. If they knew that you were folding AK here then it would definitly be bad, but they can't tell if you're laying down a monster or a maraginal pocket.