View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 12:12 PM

Default River Value Bet?

10-20 Hold 'Em at Rising Sun, IN. Three main players in the hand: Big Blind is the textbook definition of a maniac --- raises on nothing, gutshots, etc...can literally turn over any two cards. CO-1 hasn't shown any aggression in the two laps he's been at the table. Haven't seen him show down a hand yet, so no real read on him. I'm on the button, and the third player of consequence in the hand. I've shown down a couple of winners; my table image is tight/aggressive. Table has been playing on the loose/passive side, except when maniac decides to go off. On to the hand:

Three limpers to me, and I limp along on the button with pocket 6's. I don't want to raise and play the hand four way, so I limp trying to keep the blinds interested in the hopes that I'll get paid off better if I flop a set. And if this turns out to be a hand where maniac (who's in the BB) decides he wants to pop it on crap pre-flop, then that's fine with me playing six-handed for two bets. SB calls, and the BB knuckles. Six to the flop for six small bets.

Flop comes K-6-5, w/two spades (neither of my sixes are the spade six). Check, check, check, check, CO-1 bets, I call, SB folds, BB calls, other two fold. Three to the turn for nine small bets. Turn is a duece (not a spade). BB checks, CO-1 bets, I raise, BB now makes it 3 bets. CO-1 calls two more, and I cap. BB & CO-1 both call. 16.5 big bets in the pot.

River comes the Ace of Spades. BB checks, CO-1 checks. Do you bet the river or take the free showdown?