View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Atlantic City loose ring game strategy.

Hey all, I just got back from Atlantic City and found that they had some very loose and strange 1-2, 2-4 ring games there. They are beatable but you have to be carefull because everyone is completly psychotic. (I saw someone raise under the gun 9X the BB and get called by a player in middle position. The flop came Ac 5d 2s. Action: check, bet, raise,re-raise all-in, call. The player underthe gun had AA, and the player in MP had 34o).
The most striking differences in these games are as follows:
* A raise of less then 5x the big blind will not drive anyone who was going the limp in away.
* All pots are at least 4 way.
* It is very difficult to get people to fold hands like AK even if the flop misses them.
* flush draws are never abandoned.

I was wondering if anyone has any strategies that would help beat this game. I will explain my strategy and if someone would tell me I'm wrong and give me a better way to beat these I would be very thankfull.
I was basically being very tight. I would only raise with AA or KK or QQ...maby AKs from late position if there arent many people in the pot already. The reason for this is that my first hand in I raise 5x the BB w/ QQ and got about 6 callers, the flop came 548 rainbow and I lost a huge pot to 67o.
I would limp in from around back with a lot of callers with qjs, jt, any pp etc., but mostly I would wait for premium pairs.
I was buying in for only about $70 so I was pushing all-in alot preflop when I had a premium pair or AK because... 1. there was a lot of money relitive to my stack sise already. 2. I got calls every time. and 3. Players aclled with hands like AJs, TT, etc. I am targeting the big stacks who have already raised in these situations... If there are just limpers I will bring it in for about 7x the big blind. I know that sounds silly but anything less will be called by too many players, and since it is very hard to loose them after the flop I want to have some chance to win if I miss my A or K.
Ok I know that was very disorganized, but im beat cuz I just got back.
Anyway, any feedback would be awsome.