View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: planning Atlantis trip

[ QUOTE ]
Shaniac -- it is pretty weird they are including tips for the bellman but not for the housekeeping service. I agree with you that most people who are helped by the bellman will tip him [again] because it just feels weird and classless not to give him some cash.

As for the meal plan being compulsory, I see your point. There are various restaurants off property, either on Paradise Island or just over the bridge in Nassau, that are good and more reasonably priced than restaurants at Atlantis. However, it's understandable why PokerStars opted to include the meal plan in the prize package -- for most people going, that is going to make them most happy.

Perhaps next year there could be an option to forego the meal plan and get some cash instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not agree w/ you more.
Also will feel compelled to give more tips at meals for same reasons stated above (because it just feels weird and classless not to give him some cash).

Have no problem at all w/ the meal plan, as I spent more than the 1K for meals last year and did not have 1/2 of the meals as I am entitled to this year.