View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Results and comment

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think Villain overplayed their 2nd nut flush on a 4-flush & str8-flush board? Or was the push a give away of MBE's weakness? What do you think about Villain's flop line? Calling to let boat draws and A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in seems risky with Villian's holding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Villain's flop play was fine. He has no particular reason to think I am holding the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (or a flopped set or two pair). From Villain's perspective, chance are that I am drawing almost dead; he'd love for me to come along with something like 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. So I think it's fine for Villain to call the flop with the king-high flush (although raising there would be only a little worse).

On the turn when a fourth heart hits the board, I don't think Villain played well in check-calling. He'd be better off making a small bet, perhaps 1200.

(Of course if Villain knew that I would make the idiotic play of pushing a set into a dry side pot with four hearts on board, then check-calling is a great play by him.)