View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Results and comment

When the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the turn and Villain checked, I pushed.

My reasoning at the time was that if Villain had flopped a medium flush or a bigger set than mine, he would now probably fold to my push. What I didn't fully consider is the chance that the all-in player was holding a heart. If I am successful in forcing Villain out of the hand with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (for example), it might be of no benefit to me if the all-in player has even a deuce of hearts. Of course if I get Villain to fold 44 or 55, that is a benefit to me regardless of the all-in player's cards.

Anyway, what I should have done was check behind on the turn. That clearly would have been a better play.

Villain called my turn push with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The all-in player, bizarrely, had AQo without a heart; I don't know what possessed him to push on that flop.

The board unfortunately did not pair on the river (actually a fifth heart came down), so I was out of the tournament.