View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Steelers vs Vikings

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a PA pass, but not after Bettis runs for 6 yards on first down and not in the beginning of the game when you're trying to setup that you're going to pound the ball all damn day. It's about setting a tone in the game. To me, that's the Steelers saying they don't think they can pound 2 yards out of the Vikings. If you ask every NFL team, I'd be willing to bet they'd all rather see the Steelers pass on down & goals than run the ball with Bettis. Teams FEAR Bettis & the Steelers running game close to the endzone.

What happened was Minne got pressure, Ben rolled out and was almost picked off trying to throw across his body. 3rd down was the fumbled snap and they kicked the FG.

The other down & goal situation was Bettis on 3 consecutive runs gets a first down and it's first and goal from the 4. The Steelers then run a trap on first down (and I may add a HORRIBLE call to ever run a trap with Bettis). He was stopped for no gain, which then led to a 3 step drop pass all the way on second down, to which Ben rolled out and scored.