View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Interesting? observed hand, live 10/20 deep stack KK PF line

[ QUOTE ]

Also, overlimping in LP with AA/KK is not as bad as NEVER overlimping AA/KK in LP, when you're dealing with good players and DEEEEEEEEP stacks. Again, if you read people very well, you can probably still play the hand alright post-flop, and of course you get total disguise from the good players when you flop a set after pulling that move. I agree that Villain's push with QQ is laughably bad, especially after he's announced that such a play will never be AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the villian is a freaking moron. In the few hands that I seen him in when the hero was not in, he seemed to be more or less solid. The hero just put him on monkey tilt earlier in the session. I wish I would have seen that hand. I take it the villian viewed it as a bad beat, but that in fact the villian played it baddly and gave the hero odds to outdraw the villians flopped set.

The hero was definately an incredible reader. I seen him make several calls/raises that there is no way he makes without super reads.

I tried the KK overlimp last night in my 5-150 game from MP and it worked great. But I think there has to be a very solid read that someone after you is going to RR and that the player(s) before you are either on a hand you beat or are too weak to follow thru. In my case I had a agro guy that never let a raise go unraised when he was CO or button and two weak/tight nits before me. I stacked the agro player on a all rags board versus his JJ and drove out the winning hand PF.

But I thought this hand was interesting from the meta game stand point and not mathmatical side of the game. You see a lot of players live make moves that you could never make online (well almost never). The hero was playing the villian like a fiddle and I dont think anyone else really seen just how much he had control of the situation. The villian rebought for $10K and when I left a couple of hours later I walked by the table and he had about $1500 left and the hero's stack looked like it was were it all went.