Thread: My Poker Logic
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: My Poker Logic

There's no ultimate strategy that can make you a significant long term winner against every table that you play PLO against. Your game should be based more on your opponents.

For instance, I play alot of NLHE ring games in my area.

On Mondays, most of the table is pretty tight, so I play loose-aggressive, making more bluffs and semi-bluffs than I normally would. After an hour or two, the table loosens up a little(because of all the action), so I value bet more while I bluff less. When they take notice of how many winning hands I've shown, I start bluffing again.

On Tuesdays, I play with a few calling stations, so I start off by playing tight aggressive. I'll still switch gears every now and then if I see a bluffing opportunity, but this is mainly to show the bluff and increase the return on later big value bets.

Thursdays, loose-aggressive, Fridays, tight-aggressive.

My strategy is always based on my opponents, and I think if you paid attention to why your loose aggressive style is successful in the games you play, you would be able to understand why that style wouldn't work in a game with completely different opponents.