View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Is it that hard to actually put the why with the what?

Thats what i'm talking about. Good old fashioned discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
Pre flop is standard for me, but there isnt much point in playing that way if you are going to fold to a little pressure on a pretty darn good flop for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody that knows me knows that I don't crumble under pressure, unless i'm pretty sure i'm drawing dead or close to it.

[ QUOTE ]
SB could have a ton of stuff you beat including a worse 9

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered that. He had, however, earlier in the session shown an affinity for c/r hands that needed protection (obviously you can't know that). His bet reaked of strength. He's smart. He know's i'm going to bet if checked to and he knows i'm going to raise if he bets. yet he bets anyway, instead of opting to c/r. that says to me that his hand is not, in his opinion, in need of protecting. He had also cold called w/ AA-QQ preflop earlier in the game, and then went bonkers preflop. Initially I thought he was the one with the set.

[ QUOTE ]
could have any number of pair and draw hands as well as no pair hands like J10s. 88,66, 89, 78

[/ QUOTE ]

She's weak/tight. They don't play 89s and 78s UTG. She might have 88 or 66, and that was the other option to overs when she just called the first bet. I don't know too many weak/tights though that voluntarily call 2 cold with and underpair and a gutshot when caught in the middle of 2 aggressive players who have said they like the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to play it safe, call the 3 bet. Then if limper has the monster you are afraid of she will raise SBs lead on the turn and you can muck. Since she wont put a play on you this is probably a safe way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I firmly believed I was up against a set or a straight in somebody's hand, or both, and didn't think that even if I turned some outs i'd be getting the right price to draw. Its not like the turn is going to go for one bet, if I'm right about my hand read.

thoughts?

lf