View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Help, I\'m getting raped online (long)

You should stop playing for a day or two to collect thoughts. You need to get your head together. If you are afraid of losing then your play will suffer.

Most of the good players in this forum (you know who they are) have been on multi-buy-in downswings. You can be playing at the top of your game and still have a few devastating losing sessions. People tend to forget that we enjoy playing a game where luck is a determining factor.

Post hands, look for leaks, but most importantly, don't lose your confidence. Poker is about making right decisions. If you do that, bankroll growth will naturally occur. Think about hands/situations where you lost money. Did you make the right decision? If so, don't dwell on it, just know that if you continue to make that decision you will be way ahead over the long run.

To offer a word of encouragement, I started playing on Party two weeks ago. After about 7k hands one of my biggest losing hands is AA. The worst poker player in the world will make money playing AA so I know things will turn around and I don't let it bother me.

I hope all goes well with your parent s and you get set-up with Pokertracker. You seem like the type of player who would immediately benefit from it.