View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Who can explain this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
The button posts a $3 blind before the hand and I look down and see 76 in LP. Bad UTG limps followed by an even worse EMP who limps. I of course limp and the loose button throws in 3 more chips to indicate a raise. A semi-loose wacki SB calls and Brad throws in 3 more. Now I know that Brad has a very strong hand here. He didn't see the button raise and he threw in his chips in such a way that he has a strong hand. But since he never actually said "raise" it is considered a call. We all call the raise and look at a flop of:

[/ QUOTE ]

This part kind of confuses me, and I think it's because I've only ever played on the internet. The button raised, but didn't say raise, and Brad threw in the same number of chips thinking he was raising, but it was really a call?

So Brad thinks his hand is strong enough to raise... So we're expecting some high suited, or some kind of a pair from him.

UTG, EMP, Grandma could have anything. Button is loose, and he 'raised', so what could he have? Any ace, any king, any suited, I don't know.

Then the flop:

Button bets... I'll put him on a pair now, and because of his 'raise' pre-flop probably something like A7, A6, A3. SB might be on a flush draw. Brad check raises, he made a set.

Then the turn:

Loose UTG bets... he had a 5. Button calls because the board is mighty connected and his pair isn't looking good. Brad calls because his set isn't looking good vs. a straight, either. But when Button begins changing 'six, six, six' ... how could a six for him beat a straight? There's already one on the board, so he couldn't need it for a straight. He must have 2 pair? 6's and 4's, and he's rooting for the higher of his 2-pair?

River:

Brad checks because UTG got his wish and knows he'll bet, which he does.

I'd say Brad - 77, UTG has FH 6's and 4's.

KO