View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Huuuge River Overbet

Very loose, live 2/5NL game, $500 max buy-in. I'm a little under that at the moment, other people's stacks are all over the map. If anyone's been paying attention (this is a live 2/5 game, after all) my image is very tight, as I've barely played a hand in over an hour at the table.

UTG is a very loose player who plays 60-80% of his hands, so his range is really just about anything. However, after the flop he's normally pretty straight-forward--as much as I can tell in the time I've been there, every time he's bet, he's had the goods (even if it's goods made from Q2o). He has me covered.

I limp in the hijack with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] after a bunch of limpers. Seven people see a flop of:

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

$34 in the pot. Checks to me, I bet $20. Folds around to UTG who calls, everyone else folds.

Turn ($72 in pot): (J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, check.

River ($72 in pot): (J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets $200. I...???