View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: ***ATTENTION PRO MTT\'ERS/SNG\'ERS***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mike,
sorry was not at all trying to be a dick, although it appears it came across that way- I was just trying to be concise and the Chinese food came [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I hope you are able to make it as a pro and I hope you run well for the rest of your life, but I just want to caution you that you won't always run well and that you will run worse than you EVER thought possible. I think this game can be pretty humbling at times, and just when you come to believe your heater is now your sustainable level of play, you get knocked on your ass. I do not know the level of your play, and for all I know your are 10x the player I am. I hope you currently have few responsibilities in your life and have finished college. Also, be prepared to for people to pass serious judgements on someone who says they are a professional poker player- which I think is heard as "degenerate gambler".

Look, man, I again apologize for coming across as a schmuck and I really hope your success at poker and whatever else you choose is limitless. Just know that when you are running bad, there is no weekly paycheck to make up the difference and that psychologically it might be harder than most other professions.

And CSC is right- the real money is in cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was goign to type a long response to this... but ill just say this. I'm not a goddamn idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Maybe I should just apologize AGAIN and wish you the best. Never once did I call you an idiot nor insinuate anything close to it. From the little I know of you from the boards, that would in fact be the complete opposite opinion I would have. Maybe my post was a bit dull and general looking back it- perhaps the product of being a new father and looking at the world differently.

Best of luck.