View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Default 5-5 No Limit Deep stack hand

5-5 No Limit game at Foxwoods. EP loose raiser makes it $30, 2 MP players call, several players fold. I am on button with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I make it $150. Blinds fold, EP calls and 1 MP calls. Pot is $500.

I have $7,500 at the start of this hand. Villain (MP) has me covered, and from what I have seen, is pretty loose pre-flop but plays well post-flop, fairly tricky and aggressive. He definitely plays some speculative hands pre-flop so it is difficult to narrow his holding much, even when calling $150 pre-flop.

Anyway, the flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Two checks to me. I bet $400, EP folds, and MP calls fairly quickly. At this point I am thinking a flush draw, probably with two overcards, is his most likely holding.

Pot $1,300. Turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks. I bet $800. Villain (again fairly quickly) makes it $2,000.

Hero? If you advocate just a call, I would like to know what you do if faced with a push on the river (assuming the board doesn't pair).