View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: How standard is this bluff?

Frankly, I think this whole hand is a mess. First off, you are UTG AND you are attacking the small stack. What happens if the BB puts you all-in? Then it is only 865 more chips to call, with at least 1700 chips in the pot. So pot odds will almost demand that you call. Under this circumstance, I would rather go all-in then make this raise. But given that the blinds aren't that great in relation to the stacks and you are UTG, I would either limp or fold.

Then, on the flop, you make a bet of half the pot and expect the CO to fold? On the turn, you make a strong bet, but it's a rather strange bet given what you've been doing so far (a weak raise on the flop and then a check-raise on the turn). I think you are trying to represent a flush, but I don't think you're doing a very good job of that.

On the turn, the CO is practically pot-committed at this point. He might lay this down, but there's a good chance that he won't.

It just seems so pointless to take these kind of risks with the blinds as small as they are and you having one of the better stacks. There will be much better opportunities to win chips without a bluff, or to semi-bluff when you have position.