Default Re: QQ on Interesting Turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to call and bet most rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you hoping to fold a better hand?

Because I don't see any hand that limps UTG, calls this flop not closing the action, calls the turn and a turn raise, then calls a river bet that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ, AJ, AT, A9s, 55, 66, 77, 88, JJ, JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ, AJ raise preflop. If they don't, they're not calling a river bet.

55, 66, 77, 88, A9 are never calling a flop and turn bet, let alone a river bet.

AT, JT are extremely slim possibilities after Hero raised preflop and bet every street.

JJ is the only one I would say could call a river bet but it would have raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently Party 2/4 has changed since I was playing it regularly.

Here's what I remember:

AT/JT are often limping, and they're not going anywhere on the flop once they have a pair.

The pocket pairs will often peel the flop and sometimes the turn, hoping that they're best or they catch a set. (I used to get checkraised by rivered sets a fair amount of the time. And then sometimes, after I'd won a pot, I'd look at the hand history, thinking "What the hell was he calling with?" And then the next thing I'd say would be, "Oh. Pocket 3's.")

AQ and AJ are not necessarily raising preflop, but I agree that most of the time they won't call a river bet either.

I wouldn't be thinking about JJ much, but I don't think you should assume it's impossible for an unknown 2/4 player to limp with it.