View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Controversy over symbols and racism .

Wac,
I never once said I hated the south. I said the south can disappear (Take my wife... Please!) as an offhanded comment. Shajen asked me what the South had ever done to me and I responded with a random list of things that the South has produced that I can live without. I can do the exact same thing for any region in the country! I'm sure you can as well. Then, after Shaj questioned me about it I explained that it was a joke yet everyone missed that posted and I became a South hater!?!

Anywho, obviously I am not opposed to you flying your bros unit flag, that unit is protecting my freedom and fighting for my country.

The confederate flag, on the other hand, represents a dark time in US history. I have reiterated this many times throught the thread. I find the flying of it only acceptable when it is being usedto represent the spirit of states rights, etc, etc (as I explained before).

Why don't I believe it should be used to honor fallen soldiers? Like it or not, those soldiers died to create the country that we have now, the United States of America. They should be honored with our flag.

I honestly don't care anymore.