View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: George Foreman Grill

I had several people go on and on about the GF grill and how I was just going to HAVE to get one. Got one from the inlaws for Christmas.

PEOPLE, ITS A FREAKING WAFFLE IRON!!! How an ex-boxer convinced so many people to go out and buy an overpriced waffle iron AND THEN throw an expensive piece of meat on it is totally beyond me. Give me a grill every time. It just doesn't feel right standing around a waffle iron with a beer, shooting the bull like you do with a grill. I mentioned this to someone who told me they now have an "outdoor" model! Unbelievable. A giant outdoor waffle iron.

Eazy cleanup? Are you kidding? Not nearly as easy as my grill. A couple of rubs with the steel brush and shes ready to go again. With the waffle iron I end up with the thimble sized tray they provide filled to the top with grease. I now have to pick up the 'thimble' and carry it like nitro glycerin to the sink. THat is if the damn thing doesn't get knocked over first during cooking. My grill, the juices just hit the brickettes and turn to smoke adding flavor to my dinner.

And cleaning the cooking surface of the waffle iron? Well, you can't put it in the sink, so you end up cleaning it on the countertop. Most of the grease and stuff gets all over the countertops while your cleaning it.

The GF waffle iron that we have is also just big enough that it doesn't really fit into any cabinet easily, so it resides on the countertop taking up space. Boy, I love that thing.