Thread: Very bad run
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Very bad run

I'm sure i'm wrong about this but... why would he overbet like that if he only had a Q?

He knows you could be raising the blinds with A3, K3, 33 or even QQ, KK, AA so wouldn't he wanna find out about this first? I mean, why would he risk running into one of these hands over an 8$ pot? If he has a Q, the only way to make money off that bet is to have JJ-22 call him. And i don't see that happening with the Q showing and a push like that.

I'm making a habit out of giving these ridiculous bets a lot of respect, even if they are representing a long shot. I don't have any PT stats, but i'm very sure i'm not a weak player. If anything, i'm too LAG.

Anyway, Amoeba, have some more confidence. I've always learned a lot from you posts in the past, but you don't seem to trust your own judgement anymore. I've seen a few of your posts these last few days and was wondering if it was the same Amoeba. Is the bad run getting to you that bad? And could it be affecting your play?

Edit: my worst run was 7 buyins at NL100. I dropped to 25 and 50 now. I'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this. I see people complaining about 200 or 300 big blinds (yes, at NL) and i was wondering if i was no good at this game.