View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Re: First 2 days of online play

Welcome to the Forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Slow down, take it easy on that bankroll.

How do you find Ultimate Bet to be? Seems like a tough starting venue. There might be softer games out there to consider. Can you say Party Poker?

As a means to that end, get a Neteller account, and try a few different sites. Poker Stars also has .25/.50 and Paradise offers .05/.10. Take advantage of a few sign-up bonuses while you're at it.

You should plan on spending a big share of your time reading this forum (especially the archives), and pick up a couple of the books that people refer to. Yes, you can use your bankroll for the books. It will pay.

Get the Poker Tracker demo.

I'm not the greatest hand analyzer, but I think an important question that's often overlooked is:

What hand(s) did you figure MP2 could be playing? Lots of people jump to the obvious hands, but they forgot about the other hands that don't necessarily mean doom.

My guess comes from:

http://www.posev.com/poker/holdem/st...lop-abdul.html

Abdul puts MP2 at 55/T9s/QJ. That's probably giving him a lot of credit. Re-raising the flop is playing pretty fast, so he most likely had some kind of made hand. High cards would have faded fast, so I'm guessing a pair. With that many hits in the middle pair range, I would be worried about a set.

Good Luck.