View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:31 AM

Default (NC) 40 buyin drop over last 120 tournies...any words of wisdom?

Wow -- this is the worst run of my (admittedly short)career. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, I know I should just keep playing my game the same way I've been making good money for several months over the course of 7500+ 22's. But man, this is getting to be a beating. I've lost 9 times when I was a 90%+ favorite, my last 175 coinflips (where I'm within the 42-58 margin) I am running at 31%, over and over again shorties survive 5+ all-ins on the bubble until I'm short, push, and lose immediately for a bubble-out (my %ITM on the bubble in this span is 63%), oftentimes as a big favorite.

I've taken a break and come back. I've pored over my game logs with SNGPT's. I won't claim I've made zero mistakes during this span, but neither have I played what, for me, is poor poker (I'm sure to top-level pros I always play poor poker, but I continue to play the 22's for that reason).

I'm starting to seriously get worried here. I'm typically ambivalent toward posts of this type, so if it gets no response/gets flamed then no big deal.

But if any of you have any words of wisdom at all that I might be able to apply, I'd certainly appreciate it. I'm baffled.