View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: TP/TK facing all-in, pay off the small stack?

[ QUOTE ]
Party $25NL 6-max. Hero is UTG with AcKc. Villain is UTG+1 with $14.50 He's 33/0/1.2 after about two orbits, no real read though.

pre flop: hero raises to $1.25,villain calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25,SB folds,BB folds

flop KdTd6c hero bets $4, villain immediately goes all-in,CO folds, hero call

results:

villain shows KTo and MHING

Normally without a read I will nearly always fold TP/TK against aggression from a big stack, but my experience is that while big stacks usually only raise a PF raiser with two pair or better (unless he's LAG or an idiot), short stacks will often push with less. My logic is that there's already ~$8 in the pot, and it's $4 to call, leaving him ~$10 behind, so if he's got something like KQ,KJ or AX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he's going to be all-in on the turn anyway if he calls, so he's probably better off just pushing anyway.

In situations like this do I just have to pay off the short stack with my TP/TK or overpair if I am behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a crying call because you are getting better than 2:1. If you had more hands (75+) with Villain displaying the same postflop aggression factor, then I think you might find a fold here.