Thread: Whats he got?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Whats he got?

The only hand you beat that calls your river bet is KJ.

I'm not sure I like your line, however.

You limped in a multiway pot with a trouble hands at a full ring table. I don't even limp unsuited broadway connectors to avoid getting into a fight post flop with TPWK and no draws. You flopped TPWK, and proceeded to bloat the pot on every street. Villain called and called and called. How can villain be in here with anything you beat unless he has exactly KJ? For example, if he was drawing to an OESD by calling the flop and turn, then the river didn't help him and you're river bet doesn't give him a chance to bluff at the river. He can just fold.

So, in general, I usually fold unsuited broadways even in LP. If I play them like you did here, then I would bet the flop, check the turn, and value bet the river. Or, if I suspected villain was drawing, bet the flop, 1/2 pot the turn, and check/call a reasonable bet on the river.

As a rule, I really don't want to get my whole stack in by the river with TPWK in an uraised pot.

Anyway, I think your line isn't usually the best one with TPWK out of position even if your read turned out right and he actually had KJ.

Edit: Oh, and this KJo flopping TPWK oop is a terrible hand to play short stacked. Wait for a better hand and/or reload before the hand plays.