View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 2/4, 6 handed, what the heck is going on here

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of flat calling raises preflop with K10s, I would rather re-raise with position but it's ok to call.

The SB minraise preflop is most likely a PPair (55-1010) testing the strength of UTG+2 hand.

I'm going to raise his flop bet, make it 50. If he calls your pretty much done with the hand. Most likely even if he has a hand as strong as JJ or something he is going to give you a cheap showdown fearing an 8.

You have to find out where you are at and the cheapest route is going to be raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case I'd be inclined to check the flop with position since I prefer to play a multiway pot with a drawing hand. But this only a minraise and I'd be tempted to make it $16. This may also get it checked to me on the flop and I can check with position to keep the pot small and get a free card or pick one of my many other options. The call isn't bad, just not my preference.

As played I think you have to raise. If villain checks to you on the turn you can check behind for pot control. You might call a small river bet or check behind again. Lots of options if you'll raise. If you can't raise here then fold.