View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Flopping the stone nuts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two pair or better and almost any low will call you down at these levels, but will never bet here. You are pissing away the flop bets, but aren't gaining any action that you wouldn't already get on later streets. 2 pair will call and pay off big when it fills up which is more money in the pot than when you let them catch the FH which they would have paid to draw to anyway. I think you grossly overestimate the typical party .5/1 player. I also think you suffer from slowplay-itis.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a scary flop for any low or any high except the nut flush with low, so don't spook people by betting from EP. This is simple stuff. The more people seeing the turn the more likely someone will catch something. We're not talking about an AA3 flop when you hold A234 or a 345r flop when you hold A267. You don't slowplay those.

[ QUOTE ]
IN the actual hand, I bet out & the whole field folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be results oriented, but...I WIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except you don't, if nobody has anything then of course they will fold, whether or not you bet the flop or check and bet the river. However you have to bet that flop, because it's the only way of getting lots of money in the pot if someone has A2 and a flush. The same applies for pot limit omaha/8, you must bet and hope someone has something.