View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: In omaha tournies...

[ QUOTE ]
Also what is wrong with this/what hands do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bryce - The hands I play really depend on the circumstances.

I don't know as there's anything "wrong" with only playing A2XX hands. If it's working for you, go with it.

However, are you aware that there are various hands that do not have an ace and a deuce that are better than some hands that do?

For example, A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a better starting hand than
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

In addition, even 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], though not what i'd consider a great starting hand, is a better starting hand than the forementioned A278n. And there are worse A2XX starting hands than A278n, though that one is pretty mediocre. (Doesn't mean yours truly won't see the flop with any of them).

Indeed, lots of hands that don't have an ace plus a deuce are better starting hands than lots of hands that do.

Thus you probably are folding some better starting hands than you're voluntarily playing.

Buzz