View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Bad sticky thread on folding KK preflop.

We are taking this situation very seriously. And after further consideration & discussions with other mods, we've come to the conclusion that ultimately pzhon, you were correct:

[ QUOTE ]
I think sticky threads should be held to a higher standard, particularly on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Strategy posts should not be stickied because none can be correct in all cases. However, the situation with KK is correct often enough that except under extreme circumstances does it need to be addressed. Rare as these circumstances may be, if we hope to improve as players we should be able to discuss and consider them.

However, this is not a green light for people to post thier bad beat with KK as a special exception. I still stand by what I said in this thread about our job as moderators. We need to encourage a good signal:noise ratio, and bad beat posts erode signal.

So, the sticky is gone. It won't be replaced. In the future, bad beat posts will be dealt with swiftly by being moved or locked. If bad beat posts continue despite this, we may post a public service announcement regarding that sort of posting. But it won't be a strategy post.

Hopefully, this will work out better for SSNL.