View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Negative EV Play

People like you really amaze me. Somebody makes a hugely difficult decision, having only a second or two to do it, and you criticize them. And it's not just this poster, but several. Let me try to explain this one more time, since you're apparently not reading everything, or not smart enough to remember and understand what you read.

By the time they showed me the gun, they had already attacked me and tried to force me into my room. It was clear that they did not intend to simply grab what I had and run. They intended to get me quietly into my room and detain me. My concern was that having that much time, they would decide to kill me since I had seen their faces and could easily identify them. Thus, I came to the (rapid) conclusion that my chances of survival were greater by resisting than by giving in. It may be that this conclusion was in error, but it certainly wasn't a stupid conclusion. And in hindsight, I did make the right decision as well.

Of everybody who has disparaged my decision, I would bet that no more than 10% of them could handle themselves better in the same situation. Also, I wonder how many of these smart guys have the nerve to say things like this to my face (and by that, I mean with the same negative tone they put in their posts). Finally, I won't bother replying to any more of these douchebag comments.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)