Thread: party 55's
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: party 55\'s

[ QUOTE ]
what is the typical calling range of all in's in the 55's. i decided to take a shot at one only to get to the bubble, and push in the SB with a5 when it was folded around to me. the BB insta-called me with k10 even though we both had 1500 chips and were in no real big trouble of getting blinded out. i watched the tournament til the end and i am very surprised that all in's were being called by a2, j10, etc. is this standard or did i sit in a good game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like any level it's player dependent and it's up to you to assign their calling ranges. I think your time would be better spent paying attention to who to steal from when you're at the table than asking for generalizations, only to have it turn into who can post the most ridiculous call at the 55s. (Surprise, there's been a lot of bad calls.)

Last night I was mad when in a SB v. BB confrontation, an evenly stacked BB called my all-in with QJo, ending my tourney on the bubble. I was mad not at the call, but that I didn't know his range was so loose.