View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Is it that hard to actually put the why with the what?

Regarding your hand ranges for the opponents, I cannot convince you they are off since you know the players in the game better than me. That said, IMO a weak tight player could have the hands I mentioned and the tricky guy may could have hands he wants to jam rather than protect (there are many of them with that board). He still does not have a reason to be at all certain that he is behind you. In fact with something like 89s he could still reasonably think that he is in the lead.

Bottom line is, your hand is far from defined and there is a board that begs good players to play very aggressive (even if they knew your hand strength) and bad players to cold call - and this was exactly what happened.

The truth will be told on the turn. You gotta be there to see what happens - especially for 1 small bet.

Of course you could be behind here, but I think you are ahead more often than not. Further, as I mentioned in previous post it is an important fact that when you are way behind you are not going to have to put any more money in the pot as you can fold for two bets on the turn.