View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Party 200, getting my 130BB into a 7BB pot oop.

Hi all. Haven't done much posting here, but I'm moving back to NL ring play so I'll be trying to do more. I played this one a couple days ago and I'm curious for input on a line.

Converter seems not to like this hand, so I'll just type it out. My opponent here's been at the table maybe 20 hands, during which time he's 35/20/2 or so. His chips come from the first hand he played after sitting down - an LP player raised, he reraised from the blinds, and bet-3-bet pushed a low rag flop. His first bet on that flop was around 1/2pot. He's made it to showdown 0 times so far, and overall hasn't done anything that looked too strange. I've been reasonably quiet since he sat down, and overall the table hasn't been notably tight/loose/passive/aggressive. Standard semi-rocky 200NL.

10-handed Party 200, with the relevant stacks:
Him (UTG+1) $300
Me (SB) $270

UTG+1 raises to $6, folded around to me in the SB and I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB folds, so pot's $14 and we're heads up to the flop of J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me the double-gutshot and the flush draw. The two overcards are nice, but they're not looking too good unless I get a lot of action. The aces help me vs KK/QQ, and J9 (especially [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) will probably get frisky on this flop too.

I think better things will happen if I bet out on the flop. If I check-call I don't get paid off when I hit, and if I check-raise I don't particularly want to be 3-bet. (If I do get 3-bet I can push without it being a huge overbet, but I think the hands that 3-bet me have me at a disadvantage. I also think most of them call a push. My thinking may be wrong here, since I take down a pretty big pot when I'm not called, but if I am it means I may be in a semi-tough spot on the turn.) So, I bet $10, and he raises to $25. It's $15 to me to call, which'll make the pot $64 with effective stacks of $240 behind.

Unless I waaaay overbet here, I figure I need turn plans for
a) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
b) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
c) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
d) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
e) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The K/J/9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are interesting cards too.

How am I doing so far? If you just call your flop what's your plan for the turn/river?