View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: I found $640: now what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just talked to a friend who worked at a bank for a couple years. She said that the bank has a sort of miscellaneous fund used for various expenses. Found money goes in this, as does extra money they can't account for at the end of the day. She said that there is a good chance the bank will keep the money I turned in and put it in this fund, saying that I don't really have a right to it.

Has anyone worked at a bank before? Does this sort of thing happen? If so, can I work out some ways to pressure them into handing the money over, wage some sort of PR campaign?

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's common in many businesses, banks should not keep petty cash on hand. It is pretty poor cash management policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

As for the money, it's no surprise to me that some shade-hole teller at the bank would keep this money and tell you that someone claimed it. How can you prove that someone didn't? I would bet that she didn't even tell her manager about it...she probably just pocketed it. Yes, people suck. I don't think they'd go to the instant replay camera to try to identify whose money it really is.

Sending your GF is an interesting idea, but then they'll probably say that "nobody turned in any lost money." Sorry.

ScottieK