Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Pet Peeves

I'm running bad and cranky, so its bitch at the forum time for me. Time for some pet peeves.

1. Titles from inexperienced posters. I would say that I can tell whether the OP won or lost the hand they are posting about half the time from the title alone. Titles like "how can I get away from this" or "was this a bad push" should never ever ever be used.

2. Titles from experienced posters. A little creativity guys. I know am I PCed with TPTK might describe the hand fair accurately but meh, its just so boring to look down the subject list and always see the same thing. I like catchy titles.

3. I'm guilty of this one too. It bugs the hell out of me when I take the time to do a full analysis (either with math, or a street by street contingency) and then the next guy comes by and says exactly the opposite without even trying to refute the points I made. I like to think I'm not talking to myself.

4. People who just want to be told what to do. I really hate this one. Way way way too many posters on here post hands because they want to be told what the right decision is, not ebcause they want to figure out how to figure the right decision for themselves.

5. The old guard, me included. I think we all tend to develop relationships with guys who were active on the boards around the same time we started to "get it." I know im particularly guilty of it, in that I make sure to get involved in the threads of posters I like, and know fairly well, specifically guys like Soss, Strassa, Che, Woodguy, Bugstud and a handfull of others. To that end I'm guilty of shortchanging some very good players who maybe I don't pay attention to as much as I should, guys who started posting after I'd been here a while. So guys like Ansky, Exitonly, NoahSD, and the others who generally do good work here but don't get as much credit as the guys with longer tenures. I've just called myself out on your behalf.

Man, running bad turns me into one bitchy woman.