View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: $200 PLHE Out of Position Heads-up

[ QUOTE ]
Good check, did you ever consider folding? Tough spot. I really doubt you're good on this river too often, but it's really hard to fold. Lots of smaller overpairs and other hands he could have, but I don't see many of them betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes my instincts told me to muck it because the $75 bet just looked like a bet he wanted called. If he'd raised the turn I could get way from it easily. The board eventu the flush didnt hit was not as benign as I originally posted..alot of funky straight possibilities.

I clearly agree that of two scenarios ie scenario#1 he has a made hand:two-pair,straight or a set heavily outweighs scenario#2 a busted flush draw,straight draw or middling pair.

The river call I was getting $269.10 for my $75 call about 3.50-1...very close.Was scenario#1 3 1/2 times more likely than scenario#2.. The player was a LAG but I had only been playing at this table for about 15 minutes..so I might have underestimated his playing ability...if that was the case folding was clearly the better play. PLHE is very difficult to play out of position..more so than NLHE ..at least for me.