View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: SNG Reading List

OP: This is a disastrously bad plan for several reasons not the least of which is that your friend will waste a lot of time reading material at best tangentially related to NL SnGs. And some of those books are bad advice for even the games they were intended for.

It will sound like conceit (perhaps less so for me because I don't talk much strategy here) but this forum is the best source of SnG information out there. Besides that make sure he is sufficiently rolled and motivated and is willing to put in the time reviewing each and every HH he plays . Eastbay's program is very useful but not necessary, althoygh downloading it is a very good idea if for only the free tutorial. Speaking of which he once posted that knowing and implementing everything in the thread at the bottom of this post could turn you into a profitable player at the 109s at Party. Now, I am not positive about that but the thread is still a treasure trove of information:

If I were to recommend books that are clearly helpful to SnG play I would recommend Harrington's two books and Sklansky's Theory of Poker.

As for andanthar's guide I think its a lot better and more profitable than most people here do. Its not how I play but I think if one implemented it correctly combined with above average pbubble play they could probably mutlitable the 11s for around 20%.

The Shadow's gift to us all