View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Donkeyfied AA hand

[ QUOTE ]

I don't care if you are ahead most of the time. I don't see the point in raising 4xpot on the flop. Just make a normal raise and get the rest in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry bet, I looked closely at the size of stacks and indeed you are correct this push is over-defensive. Harrington says, (and it is something that rings in my head daily) that if you find yourself going all in to protect hands where you are ahead you need to seriously rethink each of those moves and make sure they are prudent.. you may be costing yourself EV.

A raise here, properly priced to give improper odds to draws, with the intention of committing more to the pot and getting it in on the turn will bring greater rewards in this situation over the long haul.

The only thing I would add is that if you allow this hand to see 4th street your going to have to be willing to contemplate a laydown if a scare card comes and the oppo wakes up on it.

A KJ flop is not entirely friendly to AA. I see danger will robinson... mostly on the horizon, but danger brewing none the less.

Say a KQJT hits on 4th, and oppo pushes at you. Do you call on principal? If you think you are gonna pay him off 100% of the time when he hits, it may be worth the box-out move on the flop to make your (and his) decision-making is easier on the turn.. Otherwise he is not making a mistake to call your raise as he has more than enough implied odds to ride you like a silly little pony when he hits.

Have to crunch numbers on his potential outs (5-8 here), but just looking at it quickly you'd probably still come out ahead in EV with the pot-building move on the flop, betgo..

humph... =P