Thread: AJo UTG
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: AJo UTG

i love you guys......

[ QUOTE ]
I call the turn and may consider folding the river UI if I'm EXTREMELY confident in my "decent TAG" read

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasnt overly confident, it was over a fairly small sample without stats. however he had been showing down good hands so far and hadnt done anything out of line with a TAG image

[ QUOTE ]
AK, AQ, AJ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, or 1010

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a decent range, possibly AJ AT even 88 or 77 could be discounted but considered possible.

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing I'm concerned about are the times he checks behind on the river with a hand we beat- WA/WB line usually means that we bet the river and fold to a river raise. What do other people think?

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet/fold very few rivers, and i certainly wasnt willing to risk it here. i think there is a chance he raises AJ/AT or even KK or QQ (he has given no indication of slowing down) particularly considering my bet really would seem to come from nowhere and could be seen as a pure bluff on a missed straight or flush draw. i think this factor is significant enough that even if we were raised on the river we still must call. as we are behind the majority of the time i think a check/call line is probably more appropriate, putting 1BB instead of 2BB in on the river.

i also think there is a good chance he checks behind with hands like AK/AQ at this level being scared of a sandbagged 9; im not sure how this impacts on our analysis.

to the idea of check/folding the river ui, i really think that there is enough money in the pot to stick around and sheriff.