View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Week 12 and week 13 are over

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you on this push-up thing, Stuey?

How are the kettlebells going, Blarg? Still like them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is I pretty much quit when I stopped posting in this thread. I got dumb excuses for the reasons and I'm not proud of it at all. The reason I started this was I knew I had to stop going to the gym as work got really busy and I knew I had 3 or 4 months of hell coming. I have not had a day off work in over 4 months. Good thing I don't work hard! lol

Anyways dumb excuses as I could have done the pushups. Pretty much I'm burned out on pushup and at work. My busy season is pretty much over though so no more excuses to use. It really is a lame reason as I normally just get up earlier and go to the gym when I have to work. It was more of a mental thing I kind of gave myself permission to be lazy. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I hate the truth.

I did maintain my cardio though as I enjoy that more. I found as I increased the pushup reps I really started to dread doing them. When I get near 75 it really becomes more about how much pain I feel like inflicting on myself that day!

I think I went about it wrong as Blarg tried to tell me several times. I'm going to try it again. This time I think I will force myself to mix in more variety and only do high reps maybe once a week.

It is silly as I also started this to try and learn the proper training approach to reach this type of high rep goal and I ended up training the same way I always do. Balls to the wall till I either get hurt, over train, or plateau and quit out of frustration. I will try again at least now I'm well rested. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I need to be able to do at least 100 someday!

Thx for the bump jake.