View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Support starting to SUCK

I'm not going to start making my forum posts like a support@ response, but I hope I can clear things up here in a similiar manner.

It looks like the "Starting Chips and Blinds double each round" is a generic statement made for all headsup games. It's obviously written for headsup tournaments with more than 2 entrants, and so doesn't apply when there're only two.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say this was a horrible error in the software, but obviously it's not really applicable to the games when there're only two entrants. It's in my shift report now.

As for Ed saying "you only start with 1500 chips", what's not encouraging about that? He states it that way as it refers to the blind structure. In Pot Limit, when it reaches level 9 any bet is going to be for your whole stack or close enough, which is why the blinds aren't increasing anymore. I'm not sure why they start increasing again later on, but I sincerely doubt any headsup game has ever reached level 15. I assume it's this way incase both players sit out or are timed out, so that the game does eventually finish and doesn't stay there forever.

I'm sure Ed's response could have been worded better, but it refers to the same facts that I'm repeating here.

I don't know which email address you wrote this response to, I don't see anything under your account. If you want further clarification on any issue, I recommend emailing us back about it, the chances of someone from support spotting a post on a forum aren't too good. I'm not too sure how you can extrapolate the quality of the support for the whole site based on one mail anyway.

I am now resisting the temptation to paste my "best regards" sig here.