View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: My Take on the Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
Ed, if you just admit that twoplustwo made a mistake and published a terrible article, we aren't going to less of you for it. Frankly, I am insulted by this PR man crap spinning an article full of strategic nonsense as "edgy" and "taking risks". Your refusal to comment on the substance of the article by saying that it isn't "relevant" is an absurd copout.

I have looked forward to a new edition of the magazine each month and have even considered contributing. This isn't the first time there has been a deeply flawed article (the "multitabling" article spring to mind) and if it weren't for the discussion here, I would have just shrugged this one off too since overall I have enjoyed this month's magazine so far, but honestly this disingenuous "damage control" thread really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If you needed to start a new thread about this, just leveling with us and telling us what you really think of the article and the reaction to it would have been much more respectful of our intelligence and perceptiveness than your carefully worded evasions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some of the best advice i've seen. It's only natural that you see this as a "Them vs Us - writers vs forumguys" discussion. I would be strange if ANY editor in the world would have reacted differently, but now you have our reaction and maybe we could take bobbyi's advice.

A poker magazine where the best articles get published and the 2+2 staff argues about it. Now THAT would be edgy and it looks like everyone really would like that. I know I would.