View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 11:32 AM

Default THE GOVERNMENT - that\'s the ticket:)

Yeah, it seemed to me that most of pricing is kind of a gradual, evolutionary, bioligical thing. And the only real opportunities for a speculator to walk up to something and say, hey, this could move a lot, is if somehow people's ideas about the supply of and demand for things had gotten screwed up in, like, a feedback loop.

But this goverment thing has been a great tip! Governments can change things arbitrariliy, and create huge shocks to the system that are neither biological, or the product of feedback loops. Meaning on the one hand you have, like, the Nasdaq, which was my kind of specimen. But on the other hand you have, like, the British Pound.

I guess that must have been Soros' secret that I completely missed out on by only looking at a country with such relative political stability. You've got to look at how the biological tendencies and the political shocks will feed back into one another!

The world is a zoo! Banana republics can be cool!

I like these commies, I may even start reading the New York Times, or the IHT, or something!

Thanks!!

eLROY