Thread: 99, river raise
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: 99, river raise

[ QUOTE ]
He's a donk and he donked the T on the turn. Which hands does this lead you to put him on??

[/ QUOTE ]

i was apparently way off on this one... i was thinking something like a T, 8, 3, maybe 2, 45, J9, A4, J7, air...

[ QUOTE ]
If the range includes a fair number of worse hands which will call down unimproved, then why not raise the turn??

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking his range also included a fair number that wouldn't call down unimproved. so by not raising the turn i get another bet if he has air, and i lose less if a bad river card comes and he rivers me. he's often firing on the river with a draw, i'll get 2 bets if he misses anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
If the range is mainly straight draws and T's, then why raise the river??

[/ QUOTE ]
the range also included smaller pairs and ace highs. the river card was great, no draws hit, the chances of him having a T are slightly lower. now i've already gotten 2 bets out of him if he had a draw or air, so what if i don't get to see his hand? him folding tells me enough. if he does have a hand he was calling down unimproved with from the turn though, i get that extra bet now.

so i guess i chose this line because i though the range was an even mixture of hands that were calling UI and ones that weren't. i was just calling down most river cards, but that one was good enough for me to want to put in a raise. maybe i'm way off on this one.