View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Flight Transfers

I've never had to transfer flights before so I might be worrying about nothing but... I won a seat to the WSOP on Betfair. Tha flights they have booked me on are not direct I have to transfer flights at Dallas. On the way there my flight to Vegas departs 1 hour 45 minutes after my flight to Dallas is due to arrive. On the way back there is only 1 hour 20 difference. I am told that international travellers have to collect there bags personally ie the bags are not just put onto the next flight automatically, clear customs and then presumabley take my suitcase to a counter somewhere todrop it off and then get to the departure gate for the next flight.

Now maybe I'm just used to British inefficiency but I have had to wait over an hour to collect my bags on more than one occasion. What if the first flight is delayed and I've only got 10 minutes to jump on the next flight. I've contacted the travel agents and they are just saying it will be fine don't worry but they're not potentially missing the start of the WSOP.

If anyone has any experience of transfering flights at Dallas Ft Worth please could you tell me what you think.