Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 2 questions

I would just like to make the point that anybody who thinks the only play is to three bet the flop have all made the assumption that they must hit either the flush or straight to win. Once you three bet the turn you can only make it two more BBs the rest of the way if a bad queen or PP wants to call you down. A smooth call on the flop and a raise on the turn gives you a much better shot and taking down the pot without improving. The preflop raiser could very easily have missed with AK and be raising for a free card himself, which of course you do not let him have and if the blind is a good player as Bob suggests then he will let a bad to mediocre queen go on the turn if it is two bets back to him.

I think Muse is all over this one to gain the most value and provide you with more than one way to win the pot.

wally

P.S. I know this game at Canterbury and the turn raise has worked for me on countless occasions to win pots from people who are making plays themselves, whether or not I have anything.