View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 5diamond Hand

*Disclaimer that this above my buyin level.*

I would lean toward reraising preflop, because your call heads you into a multiway pot most of the time, assuming the good players at the table read the raiser like you do (and it sounds like they would).

You ask if you should have raised the flop the first time - maybe, but I think Awada can still pretty easily read you for the mid+ pair you have and come over the top anyway without a 6. As the first caller you're the one least likely to have a 6, making it easier for someone else to represent one to you, especially once you've shown flop strength (which is often a means of sniffing for greater strength, as you imply).

The thing that strikes me about this hand is that the raiser only called the flop bet. So even though he's loose, he probably on the way to folding his overcards to a raise, and so what looks like a bad spot to bluff for Awada is actually a pretty good one - it's a pseudo protected-pot plus anyone who calls is going to be on the defensive, and it doesn't cost him much relative to the pot.

If you call and check the turn, you are probably facing a sizeable bet with a wide range that becomes tougher to play against if an overcard hits. If you reraise with the intention of not putting any more in the pot, he can call and take it away from you a lot of the time, because he's still pretty sure you don't have a 6 and he has position. If you reraise with the intention of playing for your stack, you lose your stack when he has a 6 and don't get much more when he doesn't.

I think I fold because I can't find a good way to continue, even though I would like to.