View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: The Official OOT Cookbook.

Alobars lazy bastard enchilads

named, cuz they are easy as hell to make

Go buy a can of enchilada sauce. I prefer hatch, and I like red. But whatever.

Decide what you want the guts to be. hamburger, ground turkey, chicken, or spinach all work well.

Im actually making them tonight with turkey, so thats what ill use

preheat oven to 350

brown 1lb of ground turkey in a skillet. Use the good stuff (extra lean) so you dont have to drain any fat you cheap bastards!

Dump 15oz can of enchilada sauce into a sauce pan, heat it up while you are cooking turkey, it doesnt gotta boil, just warm it up.

Dump the ground turkey into the enchilada sauce

Lightly oil the bottom of a cooking pan (I think 8x10 is what I use) and place a tortilla shell in it (I use "gordita" size, not burrito size. I think its a 10" shell), spoon out some of the turkey/enchilada sauce into middle of tortilla, sprinkle some cheese on it. Then roll it up. Repeat these steps until there are 6 enchiladas in the pan but make sure you still have sauce/meat left. Take the remainder of the sauce/meat and dump it on top of the rolled up enchiladas, spread it around evenly, and sprinkle cheese all over the top.

Place in oven for like 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

eat. Unless you are a fat bastard you should have some leftover. Eat it for lunch the next day, it tastes great microwaved, and is even one of those leftover items, that is decent cold.